Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Swan Lake: Prince Siegfried

I bought a Matt O'Neil doll specifically so he could be my travelling barre handsome cavalier. I think he looks great. Features that were too exaggerated for everyday life (the chin, the cheekbones) are perfect for the world of ballet. Also, great ballet articulation from the waist up.

This costume was inspired by one from American Ballet Theater's recent production of Giselle, but I changed the colors to match the Juliet costume I was working on for Bella! Productions. The boots are from Gene's "Lover in Disguise" costume.

 I also went on the hunt to find a 'ballet-esque' backdrop for my first generation Room With A View. I found this one at Michael's. It would be perfect if only it were nighttime!

But check out Matt! He partners pretty well! Just don't look at his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment