Monday, January 2, 2012

Autumn

A friend of mine who was a costume design student attended a costume party where everyone has to go as something that starts with "A". She went as "Autumn". She had made the most wonderful costume with silk leaves and all sorts of russet, orange and gold chiffon. I had always wanted to translate that into a ballet costume and this was my opportunity.

I made the bodice from a gold silk shantung and layered iridescent organza over it that had this wonderful ombre design in gold and orange- I found it on a spool of wired ribbon!

The redhead basic Clea was my first Clea and definitely my muse for many of these early costumes.

In case you are wondering, musically my inspiration was not Vivaldi's Four Seasons, but Adolphe Adam's. I loved to listen to his 'Autumn' as a young ballet student and dance wildly around the living room to all the musical changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment