Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Nutcracker: Waltz of the Flowers

waltzflowers
This early costume was inspired by the tiered romantic tutu worn by the New York City Ballet's Corps de Ballet during the Waltz of the Flowers.I loved how well the bodice fit Clea.

I made a second one and sold it on eBay. I didn't sell much on eBay, although I originally intended to. I am something of a perfectionist- I remember making quite a few of those bodices to get one that fit perfectly so I would feel confident standing behind it.

A fun thing about this costume is that I designed it so the top layer of tutu was attached to the bodice, and the two bottom layers were attached to the skirt. So without the bottom skirt, the whole outfit had more of a classical tutu look. I also applied rhinestones to the flowers and leaves that make up the accents and headdress on this costume- an homage to the 'Rose Petal' dolls my sisters and I played with as kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment